The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep. You must ask for what you really want. Don’t go back to sleep. People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch. The door is round and open. Don’t go back to sleep.
I would love to kiss you. The price of kissing is your life. Now my loving is running toward my life shouting, What a bargain, let’s buy it.
Daylight, full of small dancing particles and the one great turning, our souls are dancing with you, without feet, they dance. Can you see them when I whisper in your ear?
All day and night, music, a quiet, bright reedsong. If it fades, we fade.
~Jalaluddin Rumi“We have a secret in our culture…and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” Laura Stavoe Harm
To Mercy, Pity, Peace, and Love
All pray in their distress;
And to these virtues of delight
Return their thankfulness.
For Mercy has a human heart,
Pity a human face,
And Love, the human form divine,
And Peace, the human dress.
Then every man, of every clime,
That prays in his distress,
Prays to the human form divine,
Love, Mercy, Pity, Peace.
And all must love the human form,
In heathen, turk, or jew;
Where Mercy, Love, & Pity dwell
There God is dwelling too.
“The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the world’s ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is peace of mind.
The greatest practice is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.” -by Atisha
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate;
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.
We ask ourselves,
“Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?”
Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others will not feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine – as children do.
We are born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just some of us: it is all of us.
As we let our own light shine, we give others permission
to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others from their fear.
May we all give ourselves permission to shine today
so that the truth is reflected in all of us.
The Rules for being Human
When you were born, you didn’t come with an owner’s manual; these guidelines make life work better.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “Life on Planet Earth“. Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. “Failures” are as much a part of the process as “success.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it — then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. If you don’t learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions, your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.
6. You will know you’ve learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.
7. “There” is no better than “here”. When your “there” becomes a “here” you will simply obtain another “there” that again looks better than “here.”
8. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.
9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life — or someone else will.
10. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract — therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.
11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn’t help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.
12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust.
13. You will forget all this.
14. You can remember any time you wish.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”
― Walt Whitman
“Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
“The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But…the good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
“I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.”
― Rabindranath Tagore
“The Simple Path
Silence is Prayer
Prayer is Faith
Faith is Love
Love is Service
The Fruit of Service is Peace”
― Mother Teresa
“God does watch over us and does notice us, but it usually through someone else that he meets our needs.”
― Spencer W. Kimball
“Do not worry in the least about yourself, leave all worry to God,’ – this appears to be the commandment in all religions.
This need not frighten anyone. He who devotes himself to service with a clear conscience, will day by day grasp the necessity for it in greater measure, and will continually grow richer in faith. The path of service can hardly be trodden by one who is not prepared to renounce self-interest, and to recognize the conditions of his birth. Consciously or unconsciously, every one of us does render some service or other. If we cultivate the habit of doing this service deliberately, our desire for service will steadily grow stronger, and will make not only for our own happiness but that of the world at large.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“When you are able to shift your inner awareness to how you can serve others, and when you make this the central focus of your life, you will then be in a position to know true miracles in your progress toward prosperity.”
― Wayne W. Dyer
“If I could give you information of my life it would be to show how a woman of very ordinary ability has been led by God in strange and unaccustomed paths to do in His service what He has done in her. And if I could tell you all, you would see how God has done all, and I nothing. I have worked hard, very hard, that is all; and I have never refused God anything.”
― Florence Nightingale
- I AM
- JUST FOR TODAY
- SO HAM
- I AM MY OWN AUTHORITY
- MY LIFE IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.
- I DESIRE WHOLENESS
- I COMMIT TO JUST BEING MY SELF
- NO PAIN, NO PAIN.
- PERFECTIONS IS AN ILLUSION.
- I AM ATTEMPTING SOMETHING DIFFICULT, AND I APPRECIATE MYSELF FOR TRYING
- I AM PERFECT JUST AS I AM.
- AM I PRACTICING YOGA OR TRAUMAYAMA?(LASATER)
- I LIVE WITH CONTENTMENT.
- I AM FILLED BY THE LIFE THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN.
- THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH.
- I CAN’T BE GREEDY AND GRATEFUL AT THE SAME TIME.
- WHAT CAN I BE GRATEFUL FOR RIGHT NOW?
- I WILL DO WHAT I CAN IN RESPONSE TO WHAT IS NEEDED HERE.
- DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE RIGHT REASON.
- I CAN SERVE MYSELF WITHOUT FEELING GUILTY.
- EVERYONE WORKS IN THE “SERVICE INDUSTRY”.
- WE CAN’T KEEP IT UNLESS WE GIVE IT AWAY.
- HELPING OTHERS MEANS HELPING MYSELF.
- WHOM AM I SERVING NOW?
- WE CAN ONLY SERVE ONE MASTER AT A TIME.
- ONE DAY AT A TIME.
- HOW CAN I SERVE TODAY?
- I AM IN THE CIRCLE.
- JUST HAPPENING.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE THE CONNECTION OF ALL BEINGS.
- PEOPLE DIE, RELATIONSHIPS DON’T.
- I CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON MY CONNECTION WITH YOU, NOT ON WHAT SEPARATES US.
- IS IT TRUE? IS IT NECESSARY?IS IT NON-HARMING?
- WHEN IN DOUBT, TELL THE TRUTH.
- THINK THE TRUTH, TELL THE TRUTH, AND LIVE THE TRUTH.
- I ACKNOWLEDGE MY SUCCESS.
- I LIVE IN BALANCE.
- I AM WILLING TO ENJOY LIFE.
- COMING IN SECOND IS A SUCCESS.
- A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IS ONE LIVED IN FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE.
- LOVE, NOT WEALTH, IS SUCCESS
- I AM PEACEFUL.
- I MAKE A COMMITMENT TO PRACTICING YOGA POSES WITH AHIMSA.
- I CHOOSE TO RESPOND WITH EQUANIMITY.
- MY INTENTION TODAY IS TO INVITE PEACE INTO ALL OF MY WORS AND ACTIONS.
- I AM CHOOSING TO LET GO OF MY SELF JUDGEMENT,NOW.
- I HAVE FAITH IN MYSELF.
- I HAVE THE COURAGE TO ACT FROM MY HEART AND THE COMPASSION TO STAY OPEN.
- I HAVE FAITH IN YOGA.
- I AM WILLING TO MAKE THE HARD DECISIONS WITH A SOFT HEART
- I HAVE FAITH IN MY WILLINGNESS TO HAVE FAITH.
- FAITH IS THE QUIET COUSIN OF COURAGE.
- THE ROWBOAT IS EMPTY.
- SOFTEN AND BE MERCIFUL.
- SELL THE GOAT.
- IT WONT BE THIS WAY FOREVER.
- THE WORSE COULD HAPPEN; THE BEST COULD HAPPEN. LIFE IS USUALLY SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN.
- I AM POSSIBLE.
- I AM CAPABLE.
- I WILL DO WHAT IS POSSIBLE.
- MY COURAGE IS AN EXPRESSION O FMY LOVE.
- COURAGE IS THE WILLINGNESS TO ACT IN THE FACE OF THE UNKNOWN.
- LIVING FULLY IN EACH MOMENT IS A RADICAL FORM OF COURAGE.
- LETTING GO OF WHAT I CANNOT CHANGE CELEBRATES MY COURAGE.
- THANK YOU.
- I HAVE COMPASSION FOR MYSELF/I HAVE COMPASSION FOR OTHERS.
- WHEN I ACT FROM THE HEART OF COMPASSION, I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT TO DO.
- PLANT COMPASSION, GET COMPASSION.
- COMPASSIN COMES FROM CLARITY AND CREATES CLARITY.
- THE ONLY REAL CONTROL I HAVE IS THE CHOICE OF MY OWN THOUGHTS,MY OWN WORDS, AND MY OWN ACTIONS.
- CONTROL IS THE GREATEST ILLUSION.
- WHAT CAN I LET GO OF RIGHT NOW?
- I CAN CHOOSE HOW I REACT. I DO NOT HAVE TO REACT RIGHT NOW.
- ALL THE ANSWERS ARE WITHIN ME
- LIFE IS PRACTICE: PRACTICE IS LIFE
- I COMMIT TO LIVING MY LIFE FULLY IN THIS MOMENT
- I GIVE MYSELF FULLY TO EACH MOMENT
- DISCIPLINE IS QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY
- I CAN ALWAYS MAKE A CHOICE.
- THERE IS ENOUGH TIME.
- MY YOGA PRACTICE IS DISCIPLINE IN ACTION.
- I AM WILLING TO ENGAGE LIFE.
- THIS MOMENT IS THE PERFECT MOMENT TO LET GO.
- AND THEN WHAT WOULD HAPPEN?
- RIGHT HERE,RIGHT NOW.
- I AM SAFE.
- I CHOOSE THE LIFE THAT I HAVE RIGHT NOW.
- I AM WILLING TO ACT IN THE FACE OF FEAR.
- I CAN DO THIS.
- EVERYTHING IS MOVING AT THE PROPER SPEED.
- GOD IS IN CHARGE.
- CHOICE IS THE MOST PROFOUND FREEDOM.
- IT WON’T ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS.
- THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME IN NATURE.
- IS THE PROBLEM THE SITUATION OR IS IT MY REACTION TO THE SITUATION?
- UNDERSTAND RATHER THAN SEEK TO BE UNDERSTOOD.
- HOW SHOULD IT BE?
- THINGS ARE AS THEY ARE, AND I HAVE A CHOICE ABOUT HOW I REACT TO THEM.
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON’T GET WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOW?
- THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT.
- THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
- WILL THIS BE IMPORTANT IN A YEAR? FIVE YEARS?
- I CAN RELEASE ALL SUFFERING AND LIVE LIFE RIGHT NOW.
- LIFE MAY BE DIFFICULT BUT I DO NOT NEED TO SUFFER.
- THIS IS PART OF IT, TOO.
- NOTHING IS PERMANENT EXCEPT IMPERMANENCE.
- IT WON’T ALWAYS BE LIKE THIS.
- WHEN I ACCEPT CHANGE, I ACCEPT LIFE.
- CHANGE IS NOT A MISTAKE: IT IS ALL THERE IS.
- I EMBRACE CHANGE AND LET GO OF FEAR.
- I PUT MY FAITH IN THE PERMANENCE OF OF CHANGE.
- LETTING GO OF THE PAST REVITALIZES TODAY.
- I OPEN TO GIVING AND RECEIVING LOVE.
- LOVE DISPELS FEAR.
- I AM HAVING LOVING FEELINGS TOWARD YOU RIGHT NOW.
- LOVE IS CONNECTION WITH MYSELF.
- LOVE IS LIFES ATTEMPTS TO TELL ME THAT THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.
- THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.
- WHEN I LOVE, I AM LIVING YOGA.